Drain Water Heat Recovery Systems
ThermoDrain is a passive heat exchanger that assists in the recovery and reuse of wasted heat energy. EcoInnovation Technologies began manufacturing ThermoDrain in 2007, and the company has since become one of the largest manufacturers of high-quality, high-performance drain water heat recovery systems in the world.
A Unique Heat Exchange Technology
The ThermoDrain heat recovery unit consists of copper pipe moulded and wound around a vertical section of copper drainpipe. As hot water drains through the central pipe, heat transfers to the outer coil and preheats the cold water circulating through it. This water can be preheated by more than 18 degrees Celsius before it enters the water heater.
Because ThermoDrain uses a double wall leak-proof design, it is the only style of heat exchanger that can be used for potable water.
Reduced Energy Consumption & Cost Savings
- Captures the heat from wastewater, primarily from showers
- Provides up to three times more hot water using the same water heater
- Reduces a home’s carbon footprint by up to one ton of CO2 per year
- Lowers energy costs for lower utility bills
Easy to install and maintenance-free
- No moving parts for 100% maintenance-free operation
- 100% recyclable
- Optional factory-installed crimp PEX fittings for easy installation
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty
Water heat recovery is applicable in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional projects, including:
- Laundry Systems
- Shower Drains in Sports Facilities
- Water Heating in Hotels
- Central Water Heating in Affordable Housing Complexes
- Slab Construction Retrofits
- Sustainable LEED Building Projects
The EcoInnovation website has a convenient drain water heat recovery savings calculator with which you can compare savings for a variety of scenarios.
For complete product offering, visit the EcoInnovation website here.
Ask Us How We Can Help
"*" indicates required fields
71A Clipper Street
Coquitlam, BC Canada